Meeting between Nottingham City Council and Notts AC
Friday 16th September 2016
On Friday 16th September a delegation from Notts AC met with Nottingham City Council’s Eddie Curry (Head of Parks, Open Spaces & Investment Funding) and Michelle Ball (Business Support Manager, Commercial & Operations) to discuss future plans for Harvey Hadden Stadium.
Reassurance was given that athletics will not be compromised by other users and that athletics bookings will not be cancelled for any other activity, excepting mutually agreed “major events”.
Eddie Curry also confirmed that there are no plans to lay a 3G astro turf pitch in the centre of the track.
The key points agreed were summarised as follows: –
* Safety Steward requirements will be assessed on an event by event basis. If deemed necessary, this will come at a cost for ‘major events’.
* Assurances given that only 1st team Bilborough Town matches will be played on the infield – all training and other team matches will be played on outside pitches.
* Assurances given that there is no intention to have a 3G pitch on the infield.
* Normal Notts AC training sessions (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nights and Saturday mornings) agreed as ongoing bookings.
* Additional bookings for Wednesday nights (5-6pm), Friday evenings and Sunday mornings March ‘17 – July ‘17 (10-12) agreed.
* Athletics League fixtures largely agreed with a couple which require further negotiations.
* Other users (Football, Triathlon and American football) will be reminded that they can’t access the facilities outside of their allocated booking times.
* Other users will be reminded about cleaning up their own litter.