COVID UPDATE – ATHLETES 28TH OCTOBER 2020
Dear Athlete / Parent
As you are probably aware Nottingham has now been placed into the highest covid level tier 3. This means that we all have to take extra care and follow the guidelines set out for us by England Athletics our governing body. These have been designed to keep each and every one of us who use these facilities as safe as possible. Below are the new guidelines that MUST BE FOLLOWED at all times:-
- No senior athlete who lives in a tier 1 / 2 area is allowed to travel into a tier 3 area. This means athletes in the lower tiers cannot take part in any group training session at Harvey Hadden and / or a local park such as Wollaton Park.
- U18 and students are exempt from this rule and so can continue as normal.
- All athletes need to bring with them:-
Face mask – if going to train indoors – your coach will tell you if you are, masks must be worn whilst in the sports centre until you reach the indoor track, and again on leaving even if you are using the toilet.
Small first aid kit.
Water to drink.
- Everyone needs to keep to social distance rules (2m) at all times and follow the one way system.
- There are no changing facilities, so athletes need to come ready for training.
- Spectators are NOT ALLOWED – parent / carers will have to wait in their cars, with the exception of parents of U11 athletes who may spectate from the steps area at the Clubhouse end of the track. Please note the covered stand remains out of bounds on instruction from the City Council.
- Warming up and cooling down will be done on the path round the top of the track taking care not to run in front of the cabin.
- There is to be no congregation before or after the session – athletes must not arrive more than 10 mins before the start of their session and leave straight after they have finished.
- Please whenever possible can athletes bring the correct money £4 per session.
- Athletes can only use the track during their group’s session time – your coach will tell you your training days and times.
- All cleaning of equipment stays the same – before and after each session, and after each athlete use if sharing.
- Please bring your own equipment (ie blocks,shots etc) if possible.
- Toilets are available but only 2 in at one time.
On behalf of Notts AC committee I would like to thank you for keeping to these rules that have been designed to keep us all safe and wish you all success in your winter training.
Fiona Palmer (Notts AC Welfare Officer)