BURNEY CUP AND MARY GASH SHIELD 2020
Over many years these two trophies have been awarded to the Notts Senior athlete who has gained the most points by competing in a number of road races from March through to September. With races being cancelled – this will take place as a virtual fun competition. Well almost all the races. If we are allowed to compete then the races will be ‘real’. So this is how it will work:
- If the race is cancelled – the athlete needs to run that same distance on the specified date and submit a photograph of their watch indicating the time taken and distance covered.
- If the race is ‘live’ and ‘real’ then the athlete has to compete in it and wear their Notts AC vest to get points.
- For virtual events – you have 24 hours to submit your times.
- In each gender whoever, runs the quickest time scores 10 points and so on until the 10th fastest scoring 1 point. All athletes finishing below the 10th position will still score 1 point. (This is the same as how it has operated before).
- At the end of the season – the person with the most points will be declared the winner.
Please note that this is being organised as a bit of fun and something for athletes to focus on.
The races are as follows:
- May 6th BMC Virtual Mile 1 mile
- May 27th Summer League @ HPP 5 miles
- June 17th Summer League @ Wollaton Park 5 miles
- June 19th Notts ‘10’ @ HPP 10 miles
- June 23rd HPP Grand Prix @ Rushcliffe Country Park 4 miles
- June 30th HPP Grand Prix @ Uni of Nottm 5 miles
- July 15th Summer League @ Worksop 5 miles
- July 24th Notts AAA ‘5k’ @ Newstead Abbey 5k
- August 5th Summer League @ Teversal 6 miles
- August 7th Formula 1 10k @ Uni of Nottm 10k
- September 6th Wilne 10k 10k
- September 27th Robin Hood Half Marathon 13.1 miles
All results are to be submitted to Wendy Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be updated on the link below.
At the time of writing – all races until the end of June have been cancelled.
Have fun, enjoy and keep racing!!!